Friday, June 24, 2005

What a beautiful morning!

I woke at 7:27 this morning to a beautiful day. The sun was shining and if I got going early enough I was going to get a ride in! I decided I wanted to have a focused ride without competing for the road so it was Springwater today.

Springwater corridor is an abandon railroad track that runs out of The Brooklyn Railyard to Boring Oregon. It is a multi use path that has very little cross traffic. The longest I have ridden lately is 24.71 miles. (I adore my on board system) I could of gone longer but time doesn't permit usually.

At 12 miles I saw the sign for the end of the trail in 4 something miles. I decided to go to the end of the trail! The thing is I'm not going to have the luxury to go on long rides a lot so I knew a 32 miler was a piece of delicious chocolate cake. I was curious what the end of the path looked like. I was so stoked to hit a long ride! Right after the sign that it was 2.81 to the end . . . it was gravel!!! I don't do gravel! Pooh! So I did a 28 mile ride instead. I'm smiling just remembering it. Let me share some with you.

The highlights of my ride besides the beautiful sun and perfect temperatures were as follows:

~ Racing Butterflies. They are fast and seem to do it for sport!

~ Seeing a woodpecker trying his best to drill a hole in cement.

~ Wondering when rabbits natural habitat became S.E. Portland and Gresham

~ Listening to the birds singing once "out of the city."

~ Enjoying the hum of my tire and no other sound.

~ The awesome feeling that I could ride for many more miles!

So I got back from my ride feeling on top of the world when I noticed my car sitting funny. I came round the back driver side to see a flat tire! My first thought was that yet another ex did the "I'm pissed at you thing " and took it out on my tire.

Next time I will finish the story! Got laundry waiting!

2 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger Danielle said...

Racing Butterflys....Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Diva! said...

We can race butterflies anytime folks! Anybody up for the challenge?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home