Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Scattered Thoughts


I cant believe I missed another summer! Working, learning and health issues have let another Summer slip by. I told myself after I missed the whole Summer last year with the Ikea opening I would not let that happen again. Summer is the time I see folks more. I've only hung out with Leet once, Susu twice and the Beatcha's a few times. Deeg has been hit and miss with our different work schedules. I'm also used to being active outdoors.


I figured it out last night as I was falling asleep planning my day. I feel disconnected from my neighborhood and the outdoors that makes it feel like I have missed Summer. First because of my feet hurting especially after a day at work then having to limit my activity level away from work because of my DVT I am not out and about. I drive to work and home. I plan trips to the store before or after work so I save gas. The most I see of my neighborhood is where I walk from the car to the building. I seriously hope that changes soon. My connection to my neighborhood and cycling is a big part of who I am.


Deeg and I have not been hiking/photographing for well over a year if not longer! I really enjoy our time meandering through the woods. We take photo's, enjoy the beauty and act extremely silly. We will do silly walks and goofy characters and do a whole show as we hike! Fall is my favorite time of year so maybe (with Doc's okay) we can get out there! Some of my favorite photographs I have taken have been in the fall. I have a favorite that I would like to blow up huge. It shows the change of the leaves up a street and the hill behind. One of these days.
(Check out Sept. 30th 2004 to see fave photo)


Deeg and I let (demand) Wil cook for us every couple weeks. We watch a movie, enjoy good food and have some (a lot) wine. It's nice to hang out a have some laughs. That is always part of the mix with DJ and Wil. That and the last bout have been the majority of my socializing. I did have a movie phase earlier this summer. I think I need to cut myself some slack here. I have had some weird (usual in Marta's World) month.



Wil is cooking us a new recipe tomorrow. He found a chili recipe on the internet that has three different beans and three or four meats. Cocoa powder is in as one of the spices along with three kinds of peppers and two kinds of onions. Deeg didn't know what we should drink with it so he will bring a variety. Wil is really excited to try this recipe out. The guys name is Dave and the show is called "Pro at Cooking". He is pretty funny and knows his stuff.


While Wil cooks and does other Wil-type things I got some chores to do before settling down for the afternoon of fun. Laundry, food shopping, light cleaning and some paperwork. I'm looking forward to a day off from work! I hope to find a moment to look for a permanent position. It would make things more relaxed for me. If I didn't have to pay so much for health insurance monthly and the extra expenses that Blue Cross has after visits to the doctor I could be saving for my house!


I e-mailed one of my teachers from the Pharm Tech program to seek some advice on my next move. He was excited to hear that not only had I passed the National but I had procured a coveted hospital position! He was truly thrilled for me. I asked about getting mixing experience. He said that would be super to get but right now I was a hot commodity. When I think about it most of my classmates went retail. Two gals had hospital jobs already but needed to pass the National. Me with no experience got the hospital position. I need to keep that in mind as I peddle myself around town. It was nice to get a different positive perspective.

I truly is the Year of Marta. Don't you wish you could be me? Too bad, the (coveted) position is permanently filled. ;)

post note: The chili was awesome! Wil took the basic recipe and ran with it. It is a new family favorite. Way to go Wil!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home