Thursday, October 08, 2009

Looking into the future

Things have been slowly changing but I thought they would turn around. Didn't I go to school and change careers to have a secure future? The hard times have finally hit my pharmacy. I'm not the only one effected but that does not change things or make me feel better. I have gone from working 5 days per week to 4 to 3 and now 1 or 2. I usually am able to pick up the remaining days to have a full week. I have only managed to pick up 2 days on two different weeks in the next schedule that starts on 10/11. Folks are not using PTO or taking vacations. I spent my days off being proactive on cutting any expenses I could. Some were easy and some are hard to swallow. I also allowed myself (on these days off) to cry (a lot) drink wine, feel sorry for myself and sleep. I was sick over the weekend and started another early period so that probably added to my drama. I also got a lot done.

I'm selling my car and getting an older (not so pretty) Volvo that will run well. I will have some money left in the deal to put in the bank to keep afloat. My car was going to need some bigger repairs I would not be able to handle. I owe a bit to my mechanic from recent repairs so I figured this was my best option. He is helping me thought this process and would not let me drive away in a lemon. Like I said I wanted to be proactive instead of reactive.

I have been looking for Pharmacy jobs for awhile but there are none. I am looking for other jobs now to help fill in. I am contacting old bosses, looking in other sections on CraigsList, and letting folks know I have a need. So here I am letting all of you know too. If you hear of anything or know someone . . . . . By the way if you owed me money now is a good time to pay me back. : )

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home