Wednesday, December 16, 2009

102 days and counting . . . .

I am still sick and so it seems like it has been forever. I felt I was on my way to getting better yesterday but by the end of my day I had a sore throat. I woke up today with the same scratchy sore throat and back to feeling crappy. I cant miss anymore work! I hate being sick especially this time of year! I missed too many days, my house is a mess, I need to do my laundry, I have not decorated for Christmas and I'm a whiny mess feeling sorry for myself. I suck.

I'm am really worried about what life will be like once the seasonal job goes away. It has not been as busy as they thought so I may not even work after the New Year. Even though I was sick and got up late today (having worked both jobs yesterday) I looked for jobs to apply for. There were a few I applied for but I'm not holding my breath. I may have to do something drastic like get a retail pharmacy position. For those that don't know that is the lowest of the low. That is why I was so pleased and proud of myself for nailing a hospital job fresh out of school. It saddens me to do the retail but it is better than being homeless. I can revisit hospital positions later when the economy is better. I can still stay on-call but work way less at the hospital. It was my intention to look all along but with two jobs and double backs I had my hands full. Time is ticking.

I am trying to turn my mood around. I'm at work this evening and back at the call center tomorrow morning but then I'm going to try to get the place cleaned up and decorated in the next few days. I did vaccum a couple of days ago and some dusting because all I could smell was dust. It was pretty bad. I need to take control of my world instead of "it" kicking my ass.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home