Saturday, February 12, 2011

Good creative flow Friday!

I think my Auntie She She is my good luck in the junking. I have had more good finds on the trips with her along. She gets a sense of what I am looking for an keeps an eye out but I think its more than that. She has good ju-ju around her and it surrounds me too. I had such awesome luck on our junking trip on Friday!

I have had a project brewing in my brain for some time. I want a girly chandelier to hang in my bedroom but the catch is I have to re-wire it to be a plug in not hard wired. I do not even have an over head fixture in my bedroom. I don't want to spend too much money on something like this but I want to learn about re-wiring and the bling of chandeliers. I really want it for the pretty impact - another way to make a rental more mine.

On impulse I veered in to ReStore (supports Habitat for Humanity) on our way to favorite junk shops and hit the first of many jackpot finds of the day. I fell for a 70's glass three tiered brass wonder. I am going to do some great blingy stuff to it and spray it and make it into two separate chandeliers. One will be copper for the main room. Stay tuned . . . . I also go three more interesting glass bricks I needed for some projects. Auntie She She really enjoyed poking around and was very enthusiastic about my project. She loved the things for projects you can buy there and wished there was one near her.

Next we hit another fun junk place called Really Good Stuff. It is chocked full of everything and dusty and smelly as all get out. I love going there. Auntie Sheesh loves that place too. We both found little things there but mainly had a fun time browsing around. Our next stop was a new boutique Goodwill on Hawthorne then lunch at another good find - the Waffle Window. If you live in the Portland area please check it out! It was sooo tasty! We want to go back soon. Our last stop before heading home was a junk heaven on Hawthorne and mid-thirty block. We really made a day of it. My creative energy is leaking out of my pores!

My fun day out ended with my son taking me out to dinner at Ling Garden. The family that owns it is so pleased Wil works next door to them so they can see him more often. They were happy to see us both in the restaurant and fussed over us but the best part was when Wil payed for our meal. They thought that was nice for Wil to take his mama out.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home