Thursday, February 02, 2012

My list of Do

Now that I have some stress taken off me (jury trial) I need to get organized in my life! I feel like I have been too concerned with day-to-day operations and the peri-meno. I need to keep my personal schedule going for my sanity but start focusing on things that need done. Here is a list of things I need to work on.

~Look and find a more permanent position in my current field (for now) I want to make a career change but need to get solid hours instead of on call so I can focus on the future. Earn, focus on change and save for this future.

~Chose and move forward in a new career I really think I would be good in Realty. I can take the classes online for about $400 and at my own pace. The program is offered locally and you can go into the office for help and help online too. I need to research this whole possibility more. I would like to do some informational interviews/shadow a Realtor. I visited this last March when I was laid off but I did not have a financial safety net. Closings were longer not to mention slow sales. I got information on the class but also on a program through a Realty Company that supports new Realtors and even pays you back your costs and License fees in your first 3 closings. Lots to mull over.

~Save dough!

~Organize kitchen (using up cupboard space with items saved for Wil when he moves on) Not really taken time to get better use of the space. I honestly did not expect to live here as long as we have! I plan to cook more than I have been for a less costly and healthier life.

~Sort through each part of the house and box the "saves" for Wil so we can utilize the room we do have Back to what I keep saying. Did not expect to stay here this long.

~Prioritize hobbies and chose classes I want to take for fun I have to be creative! There are so many things I want to try my hand at. Stained Glass, jewelry making, welding, wood furniture restoration, oil painting, serious sewing . . . the list goes on. I need to balance all the career change with the CreaDiva.

~Help my parents sort through stuff at their house and get them set.They want to organize, thin out to make it easier on them and me as they get older. I might end up with "pass on" treasures.

~Prioritize my projects currently at my parents house and complete them!
~I need to finish my awesome chair restoration/upholstery job
~strip and preserve and old trunk that belonged to my Great Grandmother. My Grandmother gave it to me for my "Hope Chest". It is a semi round top and covered in alligator that was painted over.
~drill and install brackets for the fabric on the back of the Asian screen, sew the ends of the fabric and BE DONE! The screen is in my place just not finished.

That is the start of my future that I need to work towards.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home