Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Oh Rocky!

I have had a rocky start to this year. Work hours are up in the air (and disappearing), my rent (both the parking spot and apartment) has gone up, my body is going through hell, dealing with the law suit and I can't find anyone to love. Now any one of these or a combination of these might have the average person hiding under the covers but we all know I am no average person. I am Diva hear me roar!

I am looking for work. The problem is there is not much out there and most hospitals are in a hiring freeze (sound familiar?). I am ready to start making a career change. Pharmacy is very cut and dry. No room for being creative or even funny. I am out numbered being a liberal Democrat, creative and bi-sexual. It was supposed to be this great change in my life that would set me up for the rest of my life. huh?


I know I started this career just before the economy went into the toilet but it is more than that. For now hospitals are using the excuse that because of the Health care Reform they are losing money hand-over-fist and having to do more "Charity Care" for the community blah blah blah. That means all of us schmucks without health care and cash are sucking up the profits. They solve it by cutting jobs of FTE (full time employees) and laying off others. I am tired of trying so hard to please my employer and fellow employees constantly especially with no hope of getting hired. It is like a perpetual job interview since I am on call. I want to stop trying to get somewhere! I made a drastic change to my life almost 12 years ago and have been trying to recreate my life ever since. I did the right thing but it has been a long haul. To be completely honest I have gotten side tracked by relationships, and trying "to do right" by my boys. It is time to be a selfish Diva and focus on my future. I am a sexy independent gal that deserves a permanent future so I will give to myself.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home