Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bike today and then again tomorrow!

Today I finally got to go on a bike ride. I have not been able to go of late with the pouring rains that caused flooding. Understand that I will ride in the rain (I live in the Pacific NW!) but a driving rain with close to freezing temperature and wind to boot is a no-can-do-situation for this Diva. It is too hard on the body. I have most of the proper gear but not all. I have a good over coat but it does end up soaked through in a good downpour. I don't have a full helmet (has sizable vent holes) or a rain cover for the helmet so my head can get dripping wet. All in all I do pretty well and certainly not complaining. It is my "therapy" of my choice.

Today I was still tired but need to get back with my personal schedule. Biking in the mornings before work and as I can on my days off. The weather has not been the only factor in not being on my biking schedule. Most of January has been family matters, lawyer stuff (which was beyond stressful- jury trial!) , peri-meno making me soooooo tired and having way too many periods in short order! I have been sleeping up to 12 hours-WHAT! I just want to get back to my personal schedule since it also gives me more energy and fights the evil peri-meno! I also have more time and energy for the creative and isn't that what its all about for this Diva?

I am very proud of myself for going on my ride this morning. It was starting to rain lightly but I made myself go. I am so glad I did! I started to head my usual route but a freight train was blocking my path. It was long and at that moment blocking the city street and stopped. I will sometimes ride back and forth (a long route) where I can see "what's the 'haps". This looked like a long dilemma so I headed off towards the industrial area but some what along the river I love. I ducked onto water front paths I have not explored before. I really enjoyed my tour and even went over a street viaduct I had not gone over before. It was the only way to get back on my side of the tracks and get to work. It was a relaxing and happy ride especially with a wandering mind. It was just what I needed.

I look outside now and feel especially smart that I went in the gentle rain earlier. It is raining hard, very wet and blustery. Yeah Me. Here is hoping tomorrow is just as good for a repeat!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home