Monday, January 21, 2013

More tales of Beads

I went to the bead show last weekend off (Jan 5th) in Hillsboro. It was Payday and my weekend off so I was pretty stoked! I had two things I was looking for at the show. Larger pieces to plan a necklace around and crystal beads for a Snowflake project I want to make. I really scored on both and felt pretty good about my time there! It is the most money I have spent to date at the Bead show-$40. Usually it is 1/2 that or less! Like my other creative/DIY projects I feel you don't have to spend a lot to make something cool. I prefer items on sale, free, or trade. It makes it more satisfying to me and I get a "pretty" out of it. The Bead Show does sell Wholesale but for the general public it is less than a retail store. I enjoy going.
Even if I don't buy anything. I get a creative flow at an event like the Bead Show. Looking at the booths full of beads, listening to people talk about projects, and seeing something that sparks an idea on a project I have stalled on. I really came away from this show excited to make jewelry! 



This last year was a tough year for me. Sometimes I had to pay attention to just putting one foot in front of the other. I lost my energy in general but creative motivation especially! Now that I have the apartment looking more the way I want it I am ready to get CreatiBuzy! I need to put away Christmas (Christmas is still up because my Auntie She She was coming to town and wanting to have Christmas with us) then I will have my office where I can leave projects in between working time. I am feeling positive!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home