Thursday, June 30, 2005

. . . for the rest of the story!

I arrived home around 4:30ish and still needed to get the oil changed. I looked in the phone book and found an Oil Can Henry's near the skate park in Oregon City. I called to see what time they closed and what they were near. I knew generally where they were located so I didn't bother to write the address down. After all I had my landmark in the rare Burgerville, right? I told Nick I would take him and his friend to the skate park then go get the oil changed and be back. After dropping them off I headed to the O.C.H. that was oddly open until 10pm. I found the Burgerville no problem but could see no O.C.H. anywhere. I circled the Burgerville parking lot and drove up and down the street. In desperation I finally pulled into a gas station a few blocks from my landmark. I asked where the elusive O.C.H. was hiding. They looked at me as if I were crazy (hold that thought!) I told them I even looked it up in the phone book and called them! We looked it up and I showed them. They were stumped! Diane (nice mgr. of station) called them to see where they really were located. Turned out another gas station right across from the land mark Burgerville was listed mistakenly in the phone book as an Oil Can Henry's!

By now it 5:30 and I had to get back to the boys. I also had to get the oil changed before driving to Eugene the next day. Diane said we don't change oil here but there is a Lube Express on the other side of the street about two blocks down. "Tell them Diane sent ya." Thank you Diane! They changed it right away and gave me $10. off because she sent me. I was back to the boys before 6 and took a good 10 minutes to drool over my new map.

I had tons of laundry to do when I got home so we stopped at Costco by our place and got a pizza. After dinner the boys helped with the five loads of laundry. I was talking to DB on the phone a few minutes after 10 pm when I looked out the window. "The guy" was locking my 5 minutes from being done laundry in the laundry room! I threw the phone on the counter as I raced down the stairs. I caught him before he drove off and he let me back in. Whew!

This seems like the joining of two stories (or more) that came out okay and I got what I wanted and or needed because of my perseverance.

BTW any skate fans out there you probably already know the Couch Tour featuring the Adio Skate Team will be at Clackamas Town Center today. The fun begins at Noon.! FREE!


2 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Joseph Perry said...

Hopefully at the skating shindig there will be some long-haired hotties in backwards baseball caps for mutual checking out! Some guys might even show up, too!

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

In the short time I was there I did see some yummies. (and tummies) I was also checked out a few times. Love the Femme Tom boys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home