Friday, July 01, 2005

I cant wait til Wednesday!

This morning I got up at 5:30am as if to go to my new job. I needed to be in the car at 6:10 driving to the MAX station with my bike on the rack. Since this was practice I wasn't as peppy as I would normally be. (I really dislike being late but not to the point of bitchiness) I figured as long I finished up and the biking directions got me there that was my goal. I pulled into the station about a minute before the train was due. I would of made the train except the "prime" spots are pay to park (WTF?) 6am to 6pm with a five hour limit! About then I turned into Smarta and couldn't drive the right direction in the parking lot. I wasted the time I could have gotten my bike, backpack, bought the ticket and made the train. I missed it by 20 seconds! :) The train I caught would have gotten me there on time if I would have known where I was going. Another gal from Team Estrogen actually came on a later train than me and she passed me on the bike path. I was trying to follow directions.

I was greeted when I got there by wonderful, enthuastic women that were willing to answer any questions and show me around. All the employees are so thrilled to work in the laid back cycling environment. I'm honored and proud of myself out of 8 or so women they picked me. I'm damned lucky!!

After looking around my new digs I reluctantly left. I re-traced my tracks to the MAX. I had two stops to make. One was six stops away in Beaverton. I haven't been to Performance One Bike shop in many years. I used to go on a regular basis when I would go visit my parents. (like that's gonna happen now!) I needed fenders that aren't sissy looking. The Tomboy in me is totally ruling at this point. Bike' n' Hike rules and should get your business but they had a very limited selection that I was not happy with. They were having a big Summer blow out type sale so it was worth the stop. I got there at what seemed like noon but it was only 9:10 and they didn't open until 10am! I must have looked dejected standing straddling my bike staring in the window from the curb. The manager stopped working on shipment to ask me if I needed something. I merely said fenders and he said "Come on in" He pointed me in the right direction and continued his work. I found some detatchable ones I can live with. They also had some of my favorite energy bars on sale so I snagged some of those too. I thanked him and he said" No problem, I could see you are a real biker" How f'ing sweet!

My next stop was in downtown Portland. Lee needed some papers so I had them with me to drop on the way home. I did make one other stop downtown. I went to the Tri-Met office to buy my July pass. It's good on MAX, buses and the trolley. I will need a three zone pass from SE Portland or NW so if we do move I'm set!

Speaking of moving we are on the waiting list for a two bedroom apartment a stones throw from Comedy Sportz in my beloved NW Portland! I hope we get it soon not only because of the communte but so the boys can get comfy in their new place and ready to bus to school. I want them to feel in charge of their world and able to do their own thing. (following my simple rules) Much easier to get around on public transportation from there than here! We all agree we like that area best.

So much has changed so drastically in the last month but I'm so at peace. I've always wanted equal if not full time with my boys. There are daily up's and downs but I have willingly done whatever to make it work. They deserve a safe loving environment in which to grow. I only wish I could have done it sooner and under better circumstances. They are with me now and I have a great job in which to support us. I'm very thankful the "gods" have finally stopped testing me and let some things work out.

Happy holiday if I dont get near the computer this weekend!


5 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, Blogger Joseph Perry said...

:-)

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Such fun. I looked at there sight they have cool stuff....though I am not a biker. I should get my lazy arse up and bike though...

I have not been to QK knit in a while. Family stuff. I may not be able to go anymore due to changes at work. I will be working during that time now. Crappy but the change is good in the long run.

have fun this weekend and I can't wait to see your Summer sweater from 1985.

D

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Congrats, Marta. I'm grinning at your good fortune (and hard work). Jer

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

Thanks Jer! You should check out the site. (There is a link on the sidebar of my blog.) If you order something til 'em Marta sent ya! Also if you have any questions about size/fit ask me. I get paid to try on stuff!

BTW the riding shorts I got today are AWESOME!! How I ever rode without padding I do not know!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

Hey D,

If you have time to do a knit together let me know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home