Thursday, July 28, 2005

A very odd day

After not much sleep for the something day in a row I was a bit out of it this morning. I did go to bed a bit after nine but all the folks chose to hang in the parking lot and have domestic squabbles. Sure makes for weird dreams too.

So I was running late and not sure I could make the second train. Suddenly there was this older guy on the bike path. He passed me then slowed so I passed him and moved forward. We went back and forth for a mile or so . He pulled up to pass me again and said hello. He asked how I was doing this morning. I told him I felt I was running behind and needed to hurry. With that he said "Good day" and kicked it into gear. That kind of annoyed me. I kicked it too. We did the back and forth thing for a couple of miles then he said "Good luck to you" and flew. That pissed me off! I kept on at a more rapid than normal pace for the last two miles. I just missed the first train!

While I was waiting for the next train I ate a banana and stretched. When nobody was around my bike feel over. I looked up with a start and righted it. The train was coming so I got my bike and watching to see if any hangers were available. The ones in the front car so I trotted up there. As I trotted my bike felt funny. I looked down to see a totally flat back tire! Good thing I had gotten Gayle's phone number just the day before!

(not another cliff hanger! Yup.)

5 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

And.......

Sorry for the crappy morning but compitiion can be healthy.

D

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

It did get me to the train on time! Wait for the rest of the story.

BTW did you get the e-mail from Sharon about shirts? Cute!

 
At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning Marta, I hope you're feeling better. We are getting ready to go for a bike ride.... then maybe the Brewer's festival or grocery shopping. I wonder which one we will do after riding.
Enjoy your Saturday regardless of the circumstances. Gayle

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

I did they are super cute... I have to wait to get paid then I will have to do a little shopping.

D

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

Thanks for the nice note Gayle. I did have a good Sat. as well as the whole weekend!

D, I already ordered mine! I miss doing the knitty with you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home