Saturday, July 16, 2005

Pleased with life

I have been a very busy gal! I don't really have any free time during the work week. By the time I get home It's between 6:30 and 8:00 at night. I try to go to bed by 9:00 so I have lots of energy for all the learning I have been doing at TE. I just like to be at my best and ready for whatever comes my way. I try to take Nick out to get rid of his energy and spend time with the boys. Family (no computer) time before I go to bed. It may sound boring to you but I am proud that I can support the boys and we are altogether. It means the world to me. The only thing missing is someone to share all this with us.

I manage to squeeze in a bike ride here and there. I get off the MAX early or make loops around the area of the skate park in the time Nick is there. I can get a eight to ten mile ride in. The short ride to work is not enough for me. I will have more opportunity for adding ride time to the beginning and end of my commute when we move. I will also be able to go to bed a bit later and sleep in.

The boys have been very understanding but I feel bad for Nick. He likes to go to the skate park, DOS and generally be active. Where we live that's not really possible without someone to take him. Not only the location but I might be a protective mom. We need to move!!!

Last night was the summer BBQ at the bosses house. It started with a eight mile ride on our bikes. One might say I got my ass kicked on the ride there but here is what went through my head during the ride. I am ten to twenty years older than the other two gals I was riding with. I haven't been riding for over three years and up to a month and a half ago I was not very active. (thanks to the ankle) In the time I have started back up I have done well in the length and distance per hour I ride. What I'm trying to say is I do kick some biking ass in my own right. I love to ride and am proud of myself. I am a Butch Biker Babe - Thank you!

I got to meet people's significant others. I didn't have a date but I'm still in the market ;). It was a nice way to finish my first full week at TE. I wonder if they will do that every week?

I got home very late last night. It was 10:30 when the three biker's headed out for the MAX. Molly and her husband have safety lights so I rode between them on the short distance to the station. They actually live in SE too but wanted to bike home from Beaverton. I had three Lemon drops (I'm not talking candy here but just as tasty) so I thought MAX might be the way to go. Biking tipsy in the dark to the station was all the fun I needed. That and the thug/hip hop kids and the station was good enough for my sense of adventure for one evening. (BTW I was wearing my Shebeest Coral Reef CycloSkort) When we arrived at Pioneer Square the train filled up and sat there for ten minutes. (No idea) By the time I got to the Gateway station it was after midnight. I finally got home and to bed at a bit after 1am. I was almost up for twenty four hours having gotten up the day before at 5am. Little tired today but had a great time.

Please notice that I have gotten the links on the side bar to look pretty! I have finally had the time and a free computer to work on it. Ken started the whole process months ago showing me I could add words in the template of the blog so they would show up on the side bar. He wrote something like "If Marta were smart she would add words here" I left it for awhile cause I thought it was funny. As I added more things I would ask Ken for help. He says he isn't a computer guy but can figure out things. Sorry but that is a computer guy Ken. We ran into a wall when I added links that would not show in the colors I instructed. That's where Jeff comes in. (One of my bosses) I asked him why it wasn't working and in two seconds showed me. Some of the wording wasn't quite right so it wouldn't do it. The only thing I'm not pleased with now is the font style/size and that I cant (don't know how to) add spaces.

The boys have sure enjoyed the bachelor time when I'm at work. You can sure tell from the place two guys live here. The place is pretty messy. I don't want to spend my weekends cleaning up all the mess. We are trying to work it out. When I came home last night I was in awe at the level of mess that was.

Just a shameless plug for the local funny.
The ComedySportz Farm Team: Selected Sundays at 7:00pm; July 17 & 31.
Our workshoppers take the field - not our pro teams, but a great show for
a nice price - just $6, or $5 with a can of food for the Oregon Food Bank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home