Friday, September 23, 2005

Black Friday

I got a call this morning from the Vice Principal at Nick's school. Nick was in his office . . . . *my stomach hurt and I felt almost out of body* . . . his back pack was stolen out of his locker. My heart felt squeezed! He has been trying so hard this year! Last year was so hard on him and he is trying to follow every rule! We got a more expensive skate board back pack because at public school you aren't allowed to carry a skate board. If it is your transportation it has to be "carried" in/on a bag on school property. He sounded so young and sad on the phone that I cried after I spoke to the V.P. again. It is gone.

6 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Honey I am sorry for you and Nick.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Diva! said...

Thanks D! He feels so violated. Not a good way to start in a big school. I hope to help in some healing this weekend.

Now that I'm in a better location maybe some knitty time? I miss seeing you and doing knitty with some gals!

Did you get your QK shirt?

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

no I was in a car accident and am waiting for them to file all there papers...I had to buy a car on my own dime in the mean time.

But I will ... Or I will make my own.

We need to get some knitty time in. Socks make great travel projects. Even on a one or a two they go fast.

D

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Diva! said...

I hope you are okay!!! OMG, does that sound like "the fun" I had last year trying to get back on my feet after drunk driver hit me! The insurance company just wants to keep on voilating you ! Grrr you go, D !!!!

I need help on the sock thing! The nice gal at the store said I have to make a different pattern than what the boys picked (they each picked a different one) and different yarn but still small needles. I thought you could adapt any pattern to yarn . . .

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Didn't you get the sock patterns form the book in the shape of a sock?

I own that book I have had very few issuse making patterns fit my yarn for socks or vs vs.

But I will have to look. Which pattern did they choose?
D

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

It is in a cute book shaped like a sock I got last fall. It is all sock patterns. Nick really likes the idea of adding to his current yarn. Is this possible?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home