Saturday, September 17, 2005

A nice morning to type

Overall it has been a non-stop week (or more). How about I hit some of the highlights and what I hope my weekend will be. I will warn you I'm sleepy and haven't had much coffee but feel this is my chance to update. Read at your own injury.

So the week started out rocky and continued that way to the end. Wil has had the flu all week and has not been at school. He hasn't paid his fees, gotten a locker, books or his school ID card and still needs some school supplies. Now he is a week behind in all his classes. What can you do with a kid that is throwing up? No stress in his life, huh.

Nick was sick on Wednesday but went by the end of school to the Flex time to do his homework. He did the same thing on Thursday having thrown up both morning after getting out of bed. Finally on Friday he paid his fees, got his required P.E. shirts and his student ID. He still has no books for his classes but goes to Flex time and works with his teachers. A lot different than last year and I hope it stays positive. He needs someone to care, listen and set realistic boundries.

Nick's dad didn't want to take responsibility for the boys behavior so tried to get Wil into therapy (blaming me) and working with the public schools and a hand picked doctor (using his education background to influence) to get Nick diagnosed Bi-Polor. Nick and Wil were tired of their dad's controlling and lying so they were letting him know by actions since he was not listening to their words. You just cant parent with ignorance and a heavy hand.

I notice a big change in me and the way I do things now. (four years later) The "before" me would have come unwrapped at the horrible move, damage to furniture and not having things placed and live-in ready. What I mean by this is I would have had to have the kitchen moved in and the bedrooms. I would have already had most of the boxes unpacked and been "moved in". The relaxed realistic me knows the people not the stuff counts. The boys were sick this week and the evenings were our time together. I don't like the clutter and mess but I don't have the perfection tunnel vision. I did get little bits (mostly necessity) done the weekends D.B. was here but again that was our time so I didn't worry. The laundry taking five hours Sunday evening because the dryers in this place are so crappy stressed me out.

I enjoyed riding in the sprinkle (some called rain) yesterday to work. I had my beautiful red Gore jacket to keep me dry and wind free. Another perk of working at Team Estrogen. We sell so many of these jackets they (Gore and T.E.) give one to every employee! I will soon be getting a loaner headlight to use as long as I am employed at T.E. They do so much to encourage year around bike commuting it is awesome!

I so love the job, the people and the flexibility to ride and the discount/free items to make it more comfortable! I know I have a lot of great qualities to offer T.E. but I hope I'm not disappointing Susan and Jeff with some of the skills I'm not so confident in. Accounting and speed in the same sentence? I rock at other things and dealing with people. I don't want to beat myself up here. I'm doing my best and when I make a mistake it isn't on purpose.

So the hopes for the weekend are as follows:

~ a long stress reducing bike ride.
~ make the final decision on furniture placement in main living area and start unpacking and placing our stuff.
~ find a dresser and desk for the boys room!
~ do stress free laundry.
~ get "at one" with my knitting with a possible visit to Lint.
~ Go to Queer Knitting Sunday.
~ watch a movie and play a board game with my boys.
~ walk in my wonderful neighborhood.
~ read some Harry Potter.
~ put the fenders on my bike
~ relax

A shout out

Thanks for the directions to my bank Gayle. I know I didn't seem thrilled by the end of the day to ride to the bank but it did felt good. You were right about the distance being about five miles. I really want to look at your map next week! I will get to some of the stories I have not finished! Got to the horse yet?

Happy weekend all!


1 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger Joseph Perry said...

Well, now Lint is just down the street from you, and you will also have lint inside your very own apartment, hmm? :-) And it won't take five hours for you to collect lint anymore!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home