Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Tuesday

Well, it has been an odd day. I drove today so I could go grocery shopping after work. There is a WinCo less than a half mile from T.E. I got a call from Nick at 10:30am telling me he is sick and asks if he has permission to go home. At 11:10 he called from home to say Wil never went to school today. I told them both no computer or games. I told my bosses I had to go home and see why they were still "sick". I had to go to the store to get "sick food" anyway so I did the shopping. I didn't want to drive again. Wil was asleep when I got home but Nick was on the computer!

We had a family talk after Wil got up. I told them what I expect and what they need to do. They need to follow the rules if they want to live under my roof! I think we got it straightened out. We shall see.

In coming home with all that food I had to get more of the kitchen put away. It was good to have that more settled in. Thank you D.B. for the work you did in the kitchen for us last time you were here. It was a very sweet thing for you to do. I changed it a bit. Need to finish the rack now and I will be done.

After putting things away and telling them some of the meals I planned they asked me to make a forgotten old favorite for dinner. By the time I got it done Nick was asleep on the couch so I turned off the oven and covered the casserole. I took out my knitting (the u-vest) and looked it over to see where I was. Once I realized where my dilemma was I got dressed and headed over to Lint. I needed some advice and to purchase another pair of folding sissors as mine disappeared.

It was so nice to walk over there in the fading light in my wonderful neighborhood! I was getting so excited the closer I got. The thrill of how close it is to me now is insane! The lights of the windows with all the colorful projects is so inviting. Just before I got to the open door I could hear all the voices, smell the yarn, feel the buzz and party-like atmosphere of open knit. It felt sooo good to step in that door and see all the folks with their projects!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home