Saturday, September 24, 2005

Fall is in the air

I woke up to a beautiful morning. The sun was up and basking the west hills in warm color that reflected off the windows. It made me smile. I love the views from my windows. I know it was a long road riddled with hassle and frustration but we are all happy to be here. I really love urban living!

My plan this morning is simple. I want to be over at Lint when they open today for several reasons. It may be my only chance before things change. That seems to be the way around here. I need assistance to finish the tinking I started on Tuesday night on my brief visit to open knit. There is a few flaws in the pattern from my cute K1 knitty magazine. While that is sad the nice thing Melissa (owner of Lint) said to me that I did follow the pattern so I'm not the one that messed up! I really want to figure out the corrections and finish the U vest. One thing about mohair that makes it a bit dicey to work with is how stretchy yet delicate it can be as a single strand. Meaning before it is knit up. In order to tink it I have to put it in the freezer for an hour or two before working to rip it out. Cool trick. (no pun intended)

The other thing is find some small/easy projects I can take with me in my pack to do at work and on the MAX. I will take samples of some of my stash to see if I can use it up. It is my goal to try to come up with new projects for stash yarn so it is removed from storage and keeps my fingers happy. (I MISS KNITTING!!!) I'm going to re-think the boys socks. The yarn we were directed to at Fabric Depot has me knitting on size 1 dpn (double pointed needles) which make tooth picks look fat! One way to still use the yarn is to combine it with another (so you are knitting two strands (or more) of yarn instead of one. It keeps the use of the yarn you already have and can make really unusual look. An example is a yarn called self striping mixed with a solid will give it a double pattern. I'll try to get pictures for those confused.

Nick and I are going to the mall to take care of some errands. I'm hoping he will let me get a new back pack. The rest of the story is that he was with his friend after they finished their homework in Flex. They skateboarded around the school area until 5:30. That's when the friends mom was done with her volunteer time at the school. Nick didn't need to take anything home so he put his backpack in his locker and went home. The next morning he went to put his board away and his locker had been pried open from the bottom with a tool - possibly a crow bar. The locker still locks but they got in without worrying about the lock already. They didn't (wont?) issue him a new locker. Also the keys to his PE locker were in the pack so they cut off the lock- not replacing it. No wonder he doesn't want to go to school there or replace things that matter to him. We have a lot of healing that needs to be done this weekend. My heart hurts for him. I'm hoping to have him pick what he wants to add to the yarn he already picked and get going on the socks they want!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home