Saturday, December 06, 2008

There is always a positive to everything (at least in My World)

Yesterday driving into the parking structure at work I got front ended. Now that statement sounds very dramatic but the way it happened is less so. I was following a pick up into the lot and structure. They kept slowing way down like they were going to turn a couple of different places. The last time they "slowed" was right inside the parking structure. By this time I was hanging way back not knowing what they were doing. When the back up lights came on I looked to see if there was anyone behind me. Since it was an employee arrival time there was. I looked forward in time to see the pick up come flying 10 or so feet back into my pretty Volvo. While I saw this happening in my head I was thinking "He is not going to connect with my Volvo!" It seemed so unreal. When he did hit my Volvo in my head I heard two words simultaneously saying FUCK and CRAP! I'm only guessing what happened only because the gentleman that hit me was hard of hearing and I was distracted by the fact that an off duty security officer from my hospital witnessed the noise and he was calling it in. I needed him to tell the pharmacy where I was. (I went from being 3 minutes early to 16 minutes late.) I suggested that Mr. Smack and I pull out cars in to the two spots (that I thought he was pulling into before he hit me) and exchange information and check for damage. I am glad I wore an actual coat for the first time this winter! I usually wear my RCR zip hoodie. It was very cold that morning (35 degrees) and the adrenalin kicked in to make me tense. Well, I was pretty pissed on the inside too. I know that even a "fender bender" causes a lot of hassle with insurance calls, getting your car repaired and generally things are disrupted. Anyway, my theory is his truck died and he "put it in neutral" but it was actually reverse so when he gunned it to get up the hill he rocketed back into me. As for damage it was still dark so I could not really see. We got done and parted ways agreeing my car needed to get checked. I did not even think about me.

After getting into work and busy did I realize I was not okay. My low and mid-back began tightening up. As the day wore on I was walking worse. I had stiffening up and started to hurt. I spent my lunch time trying to get a claim started so I could get checked. My insurance guy insisted I see a chiropractor after work and that day. I called Doc Bones and they agreed to fit me in. I was going to have to be patient as they were booked. I just wanted to make things feel better that day and in the long run. I cant afford to be injured!

So you are waiting for the positive side of this trauma day. Wil asked me to bring home five bucks to give to Josh for gas. They wanted to go to Corey's for a gaming night with Josh driving. Since buying the washer I'm busted until payday but wanted to let Wil have some fun. Walking out to the lot on my way to Doc's I found a wadded up $5. Sweet. It saved me. I found just what I needed.

Next was getting into Doc Bones and getting a treatment plan in place. He said it was smart to get in that day. I will be seeing him three days a week and then having a therapeutic massage right after. I have been wanting a massage so - cool.

My parents were already taking Wil to his physical. He has not had one in more than a year. They also went to see if the dentist had any cancellations. He got in after a half hour wait. He got his teeth cleaned and found out that his other wisdom teeth are still okay. So he got it all done in a couple hours! On the way home my parents picked up a Papa Murphys pizza for all of us. We all got home at the same time. I was sore, had a headache and was exhausted. It was nice to have dinner done so I could just relax. Josh showed up after dinner so he and Wil left. My mom cleaned the kitchen and they left. I went to bed at 7pm and spaced out on my medication and slept!

It has been a couple of days now and I'm stiff, sore and still have a headache but I think I'm better off since I started out seeing Doc right away. I could be so much worse off. I'm kicking back today (my day off) and catching up on movies, blogging and photographs.

Happy Holidays!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home