Thursday, March 24, 2011

I love a good re-purpose!

I went to a Green home improvement show last Friday. My mom read about it in the paper and it was free - perfect. I was excited after reading the website that I could not only see some cool home improvement stuff (HGTV I heart you!) but I could maybe win stuff - and I did! As the doors opened I bee-lined to the booth that was giving away a $10. Home Depot gift card and got one! There are quite a few things this DIY gal needs so I am thrilled! I want to finish my bulletin board project. I think I have figured out how to work with a new metal! I am trying to make this BB look like aged silver. Anyway, after my interview there is a Home D very close so I will go! I need silver spray paint and the corner brackets to hold the board into the frame.

I saw some great stuff at the show that made me wish I could have a home of my own to improve. The recycled glass counter tops, reclaimed wood for building and floors and cork floors made from recycled (or as I like to say - re-purposed) wine corks. Yes, I said they make a lot of products from recycled wine corks. It cant be the plastic ones but the actual made from cork ones. I thought the recycled class counter tops I have drooled about for awhile were cool but that is over the top awesome! They have a bin at Whole Foods among other places to drop off your used wine corks. If you save them up and give them to me I will recycle them for you. (Awesome, will you have Evil Dave save his corks?) Less in the land fill is cool and making good looking flooring is great! I have been excited about the use of bamboo in home improvement but I have really wanted to work with cork. It is great in a kitchen for flooring. It has spring in it but wears like hardwood. It does not stain easy and they look great! *sigh*

So I have my 2nd interview Wednesday afternoon. Please send good thoughts my way!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home