Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wil, the Muppets and me

So our day went from an easy day to action packed with errands and taking care of business. I called Comcast first thing this morning to see if we could get any deals on our" Triple Play" package. We are already getting the best deal we can given the things that are "must haves" but it turns out that we can trade in our HD cable box and get one with a DVR built in! I am pretty excited by this! You can record 3 shows at once, set it ahead, watch one and record two more. . . The possibilities are endless. I wish it had a cuter name like TIVO but I will just give it a better name. I will get back to this subject in a minute. The catch to getting this wonder toy is the driving to the service center and waiting in a large waiting room run much like the DMV. After we are done here (typing from service center) it is on to the movie then shopping and such. I started this post while sitting in line for our equipment exchange. We got done at 12:50 and the movie time was 1:35 at a Theater close by.

After leaving Comcast we headed for the one day sale at the Uniform Store for replacement scrub pants. I literally wore my first pair of brown Koi Lindsay scrub pants out! I knew the pant I wanted and my size so a quick stop. I have wanted a steel gray pair for some time so I ran in grabbed and paid. On the way to the movie we hit Arbys for a bite to go and on to the Muppets!

We got to the Theater at 1:25 - no problem! When I used my movie rewards card I even scored a free soda! There was only a mom and her two preschoolers besides us in the theater. They were quiet so I was pleased. As for the movie I fucking loved it! I laughed so much I was exhausted after the movie from all my laughing. We both had a great time. Wil has always been a big Muppets fan and he loved this movie too.

When Wil was very young they played "The Muppet Show" on "Nick at Nite". Wil loved to watch that show! Later he would see Muppets on "Sesame Street", "Muppet Babies" and then the movies they made. He was excited when he heard about this new movie. I asked him if he would go with me to see it. He gave such a smile. It is good to see him excited about a nice PG movie for a change. I don't want to spoil anything but I laughed so hard when I saw Gonzo's chicken sing I was crying. Yes, I almost wet myself.

When we pulled our tired-but-happy-persons out of the Movie Theater we hit Costco for a pizza. We ate a slice or two there then hit Winco next door for some food shopping. Wil needed something at the Fred Meyer Electronics Dept so we grabbed a few more things we could not get at Winco and headed home. We finally got home around 7pm. We left the house around 11:20am. It was a good and fun day off.

I am going to really like my new toy. The DVR is going to be lots of fun. It is super easy to use. I have already recorded two movies and set it to tape a TV show. It is going to be cool. I have named most of my most used items. It started with my car and Olga helping me name it. After naming her Ethyl MeRM it just kept going. My bike is Bonnie Blue Bell, my sewing machine helps me do crafty things so she is DivaDo! They all eventually tell me their names if I am patient and listen.

Life is good.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home