Saturday, September 04, 2004

A Chapter Closing

The last year and a half I have lived in a double studio in the heart of trendy N.W. Portland. I am 1 block from my old work and a bit over a block from Portland Comedy Sportz. The trolley tracks run along side my building. The abundance of restaurants, shops, performance venues, bars for both alcohol and coffee has made it a great experience for me. I will miss the inner city lifestyle very much.

When I moved here I had 2 days prep (that could not be obvious) and a day to do it with 10-15 people helping me. It was a very hard decision for me and one of the harder scarier days in my world. Even with that it was a place when I walked in it felt like home. I have treasured my time and experiences while dwelling at the Baker Apts.

the things I will really miss are:


> the sound of the trains from the train station and industrial area.


> walking or taking the trolley/MAX where I need to go.


> having a 3 minute commute to work or call at CSz.


> being near my kids.


> being part of a community both from living and working in it. A lot of the customers also live and work in the hood.


> the independence of my own place.



I think all the changes have to bring me to a better place. I'm gonna be okay but right now the nostalgia is getting me. When I left here I wanted it to be on my terms. I do know that I'm stronger and wiser Marta than when I moved in. I cant see this as a failure but a set back. I'm at the cross roads and need to choose my direction.


post note: I may have news later today. I hope it's part of the better I know has to come. Wish me "better"!

:0 never mind. I'm good.

Labels: