Monday, August 30, 2004

Wise "blind line"

This morning as I was waking up I remembered what day it is. I don't want it to be a bigger deal than it is so I was trying to find something in my head to bring it back down. A favorite line I wrote down in my quotes section of my journal came to mind. It was the game of blind line in a Portland Comedy Sportz show. The line was "Big things come in small packages". Now I'm not really sure why that struck me as so funny at the time but it has grown on me since then. It has been used for many comparisons both good and not. I gotta say in this case it's true.

I think the biggest impact has been where my thoughts go momentarily. It is cancer. It doesn't judge you to decide if you deserve it. Then why did I feel I was any less attractive or desired because of it? it made no sense in the time it took to form as a thought! I'm no more or less "anything" because I have cancer. I am Marta.

Things are what you perceive them to be. I wont let any of my current situation hold me back from being the best "Me" I can be. I refuse to be any other way. Right now I'm Still Standing but with a determined stance, my hands on my hips daring you to try to move me.

p.s. the doctor feels confident that she got everything and the new biopsies look clean. I go back in two weeks to get the results and check how I'm healing. Since I'm not changing the name of this blog I'll go back to the usual brain leak tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home