Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Lots to do in my Re-Group Phase

The one thing that kept going through my mind while packing was how did you get soooo much stuff in this place? Each of my moves in the last three years I have down sized. A friend said I'm very efficient in my storing. I have to agree with that.

I spent a whole week taking loads over to my new digs. Most of my stuff went down to the basement to store until I have my own place. It wasn't until last Thursday I decided to move into the room for rent in the same house. Honestly I wasn't worried about me as much as getting my stuff somewhere. I have lost so much in the two moves away from the men I was in relationships in including childhood mementos.

Speaking of those past relationships why do people have to be so petty? Does it make you feel superior over someone to keep their stuff? I have never understood that. If I end up with someone's things iI give it back. I returned items to both guys when I found them even after they have kept things that belong to me. Some would say I wasn't playing the game right. THAT'S RIGHT! Open book = I don't play games. at the end of the day I can sleep with a clear conscience.I don't hurt people on purpose.

When the people started arriving to help me move they were shocked to find not everything packed. I worked at it everyday but lack of space, surgery and two teenage boys all combined slowed me way down. I had whole areas emptied but many items not packed. They started by taking my bed apart and taking big items to Scott's truck. I grabbed boxes and threw things in. I wanted to get done and figured I could repack once I got there. Not one of my better moves but given the circumstances I think it's acceptable.


after the move to go spend a couple days at a friends house. I needed to rest and to just be. He is starting a new job so he is gone most of the day. I'm able to sleep in, do errands, cook, write in my blog and relax. If i had stayed at my new place I would still be working too hard "nesting". I wanted this time to myself before tackling the new challenges facing me. I need time to both mentally as well as physically heal. One thing you can count on is after I rest in my foxhole I will come out swinging.


In the last (three years) month I have dealt with a lot. Most things you have heard about and some I haven't had time enough to write about. I will get to that in a post or two soon. you can look forward to stories of favorites, past relationships, general goings on and views from Marta's world.

Good news about the new place. For $39. bucks I can have wireless internet connection. I can stay connected to the outside world and the boys will have something to do when they stay with me. YEAH!!!

I'm going to indulge in a nap now. nite!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

thanks elizabeth, we do seem a lot alike. i would push myself to get it done and be even more tired! i am looking forward to puttering this weekend with my boys there.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Diva! said...

thanks curt! it's all moved but....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home