Friday, August 19, 2005

Amazing

It is truly amazing the difference a year makes. A year ago I was unemployed, in a cast, diagnosed with cancer (with no health insurance) and had to give up my apartment. I had no idea what was to become of me. I was actively seeking to better my situation but saw no light to work towards. In my favor was a place to move to (Thanks John) and a truly amazing guy who saw I was not a drama queen just in bad circumstance. Thanks for sticking around D.B.!

I took up hiking for the first time and went back to a passion - knitting. I further explored my comedy by joining the Eugene team and trying more long form. I even tried out for a few independent movies. I learned to rely on the strength I didn't know I had in me. I'm proud of all I have done in a year and the person I'm evolving (constantly) into. I really like me.

I also started writing about My World last August. Some have floated in and stayed enjoying my rainbow colored view while others have chosen to read in silence hoping I would completely fall on my face. Thankfully this hasn't happened. (and wont!) I have gone down on one knee and needed several counts before I could rise to my feet again but I'm Still Standing.

"Risk taking, trust and serendipity are the key ingredients of joy. Without risk, nothing new ever happens. Without trust, fear creeps in. Without serendipity, there are no surprises.

Rita Golden Gelman

Author of "Tales of a Female Nomad."

She has had no permanent adress since 1986


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home