Wednesday, August 17, 2005

On the MAX (part II to "A Very odd day" July 28th)

So once on the MAX I paused to think about what I should do. I never got back to Bike and Hike for a spare tube. (dammit!) After a few minutes of pondering I called Gayle. I didn't even know how to call into work! After some brain storming Gayle said she would call the bosses for me and have them meet me at the MAX. I didn't have a seat or a pen and paper so I couldn't write down the number. It wasn't until PGE Park that I had a seat. I talked to D.B. and laughed at my situation. Worse case in getting it fixed in my mind was I would need a ride back to MAX after work and get off at Beaverton Central. That's where the Performance Bike shop is I went to before. It's a short walk from the station.

At Sunset TC a strange woman got on the train. She was taller than me wearing a bike jersey and tight jeans. She was bigger than me but not fat. She didn't have anything with her except a cell phone. She dialed it and listened a long time occionally pressing a button much like someone listening to messages. She was sitting leaning sideways toward the aisle resting on her knees with her hair obscuring her face. I couldn't tell you what she looked like except shoulder length wavy faded red hair. When she was done she hung up and proceeded to pleasure herself with the help of her fingers and jean seam. When she was done she seemed to go to sleep. Pass out is more accurate! She suddenly arose at Beaverton Central and departed the train. In total she was on the train about ten minutes/three stops. Okay.

I told Gayle to have "them" meet me at the end of the bike trail from the MAX station. It was about a 1/2 mile walk that required my carrying the back of the bike. I got to the end at the allotted time but nobody was there. Molly came along having gotten off the next train. We were deciding if we wanted to start taking my bike apart to patch the hole When my phone rang. Susan called to ask where I was and I told her. She said Jeff drove all the way to the station. *mentally slaps forehead* That was what I was trying to avoid. I wanted to make this easy on those now involved. She told me to stay put and he would drive around. Molly was relieved not to play patch a flat. She didn't think she would remember all the steps.
(to be continued)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home