Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Good things come to those that show patience

I met with my (soon to be) apartment manager last night to do some paperwork. She told me (in a voice mail) to be there at 5 but I told her (same way) it would probably be 5:15 to 5:20. I rolled up on my bike at 5:18 but she didn't answer when I called her. (door buzzer is the home phone number) After about 5 or so minutes someone came out of the building and I went in the lobby. Once in I knocked on the manager's door and one of her grand daughters answered. She told me her grand mother would be back at 5:45. Great! She could have called me so I wasn't feeling like I was going to be late/holding her up. I could have gotten something to eat or done an errand. I did need to go to Lint. (I can walk to Lint anytime I want!!!!! Um, I would be best if they were open. Maybe I should buy them some glass cleaner) She went out to dinner with her best friend.

Now I suppose by now this should really tell me something. This woman seems very scattered and hard to get a hold of. She didn't remember our first meeting we had on a Wednesday night. I had to drive that day and rush home from work to pick up the kids to take them to see the apartment. We waited 20-25 minutes in the lobby before her son tracked her down in the building to remind her she had a appointment. I've given her a break since she does have her family visiting for the month including 8 grand children ages 17 to 4. I really hope that is all it is.

I got to see our actual apartment last night and I say WOW. Not special or roomy but we are on the top floor corner and have a view from our 7th floor I will enjoy. In a very remote strange (obscure) way it reminds me of San Francisco. *sigh* We face the west hills and the Fremont Bridge. I will enjoy looking out at the lights, sunsets, rain and even snow if we are lucky enough to get some.

I'm really getting excited to be back in NW Portland. I can walk to the store and errands. Powells is only a Trolley ride away as well as Downtown. We can walk to Portland State football games or Lincoln football games for that matter. I enjoy just walking the neighborhood people watching and window shopping. I'm smiling just thinking about it.

Now for the part I dislike. Asking people (hopefully for the last time) for help with moving. I have worn some folks out. I will probably get the keys this week but don't need to be out of my old place until the first of the month. If I need to I will hire someone to do the heavy furniture part. I need help with moving boxes and maybe setting up at the new or cleaning the old. I wont be taking a day off work since I'm home sick today. (yucky stomach) I will start Friday night but have a show I'm doing Saturday at 1pm. I will do more after the show and on Sunday. If you have a wagon, truck, van or trailer and/or just want to lend a hand let me know. I don't really want to rent the "$29." truck from U-Haul since for a half day it actually cost $89.! Thanks in advance. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home