Sunday, September 25, 2005

Off I go

I'm glad Nick and I spent most of the weekend together. None of the usual "I'm going to (insert name here) house" or "we are going to DOS" (Burnside, OC Skate, Newberg) We hung out and co-existed while Wil was at Josh's house.

Friday night we ordered pizza and when WWE came on he claimed he didn't want to watch so he played on the computer. For someone not watching he made a lot of comments. I enjoyed having my knitting stash out and getting projects out the are not yet finished (UFO) so I can finish! It's fun to do while watching wrestling. It's close to using all parts of the brain at once!

I would like to give kudos to some of the wrestlers for taking hold of their careers and bodies taking wrestling more seriously. I noticed a couple months back that Chris Jericho (Y2J) beefed up and got rid of the "baby fat" he had going. I like him most of the time but he did get loser/whinny for awhile. He put on some muscle, got a hair cut and some 'tude. Way to go Chris.

Before the move to SmackDown Batista (Dave) slowly muscled up, got a mind of his own and finally learned some wrestling moves. He almost earns his self given nickname, The Animal." He is more entertaining to watch now. To me it's just not enough just cause you are tall and weigh a lot that you are a wrestler. There are some guys that when announced as next I will change the channel or go do something else until I hear it's over.

I really prefer the high flying, fast moves of the "smaller guys" like Ray Mysterio or the tough street fighting of Chris Benoit and John Cena. Yep , I'm a member of the chain gang. I don't want to have you stand there in the ring so we can marvel at your physique but rather your amazing skills and moves. Sorry, I'm back to the weekend now.

Nick fell asleep on Wil's bed watching TV Friday night after wrestling was over. I was really surprised but he did have a hard day. He got up "early" yesterday and today. Not his usual weekend routine. We both went to bed around 11:15 last night. It makes my usual relaxing weekend morning on the computer rushed. He has been up for the last 45 minutes waiting for me to be done. Bummer.

So I spent about three hours at Lint yesterday. They did help other customers but in the beginning it was fairly quiet so I had Laura to myself. We got the mohair to let go and tink away four or more inches of work on the front. The back had two rows to do but I needed two balls of yarn to work from after binding off the middle stitches for the head hole. The back is officially done! I need to go by measurements and mimic what I did on the back rather that following the pattern. I hope to get rolling again and go to open knit Tuesday just to be sure.

The sock news is not so good. Laura didn't think we could still use the pattern chosen, "bulk up" the yarn and use bigger needles. Not what I wanted to hear but a second opinion is in order.

I am excited that I'm using some yarn from my stash to make some cool stuff on MAX and at night when I'm tired. Something easy and fun to make. I really don't have that much but want to keep it at a minimum. I'd rather knit something that keep a yarn for the perfect project.

Nick just pointed out I have been on the computer for two hours while on the phone. He wants to go to a skate park and. . . I will quickly say that on our trip to the mall we had fun laughing and got some stuff done. He finally wanted to take his I-Pod in to get repaired but they gave him a new one. That cheered him a lot. We got a few things for it so he can down load from our computer. He came home and got to work on it. We did do some healing this weekend. I hope it is enough to keep a positive spin at school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home