Sunday, February 13, 2011

It's raining projects - hallelujah!

I feel like I am on a creative roll myself. I have a bulletin board project, purses I want to sew, not one but two chandeliers to re-create, re-vamping my garden, maybe sewing new curtains for the living room and putting the existing ones in Wil's room, staining projects, re-organizing my kitchen and other sewing projects from my 99 cent sewing patterns - hallelujah.

I am really lucky in my re-purposing projects since I always have at least one more idea stewing in my brain. Right now I have lots going at once! I am not sure where to go first?!? I wanted an adjustable wooden hanger to hold purses on my wall next to my vanity in my bedroom. I found a cool one at Ace that is made out of bamboo but shiny and expensive. I wanted the piece to be more the color of my bedroom furniture and causal looking. I want the cool art of the purses to be the eye catcher. Ends up I am staining it myself after I found one at Goodwill for 1.99 (unfinished) as well as the cork board of my bulletin board. (gel stain) The bulletin board frame (an art picture frame) is going to be painted in a silver patina to match the silver photograph frames on my vanity and the bigger of the two chandeliers will be the same silver for my bedroom. I have it almost like a shadow box. I am going to put trinkets and artwork from the boys in grade school. I am thrilled to have so many ideas in my head and the fact that I can see the finished project in my minds eye but I feel pulled in different directions. I am stuck on most projects since I cant spray paint until the weather warms (doing the opposite this week here - it is February) and have to invade my parents garage to work on a project. I can do the prep work there but doing it in the cold is not a big draw for me plus not much work space. I so wish I had a work area where I live! The time and productivity would be mind blowing! Are the gods of creativity listening? Save me from myself in my high rise apartment dwelling!

I will say with all the changes to my place the last several months I really like coming home it is so comfy and me. It is my creative all around me and like a hug. The best part is that it is not the space but the decorating that makes it "mine". The space I am in is not ideal but I have made the best of it while I am here.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home