Monday, February 21, 2011

One step closer

Well, It went well at the Docs office this morning. She totally agreed with me about pet therapy vs drug therapy. It works for Senior Citizens, right? As I was telling her my reason for the visit and some of my peri-menopause symptoms that seem out of control I truly recalled all my mental weight and how hard I have worked to stay positive and keep moving positively forward. I told her I have been through a lot in the last 11 years but I am proud of what I have survived, worked through and accomplished! She agreed and told me I am a strong single woman with a lot of responsibility going through menopause and it is demanding. Why does it take a near stranger to tell us what we already know about ourselves? She took some blood to check on my thyroid (again) and hormone levels. She wants to see where we are and what we might need to do for me to seek some emotional relief. That seems to be my menopause hell. Instead of hot flashes I almost weep on a dime which is beyond frustrating! I have never been an emotional nightmare but now I cant watch a Hallmark commercial without tearing up or worse - Jesus Fuck!

Ken is on board to help me find my new dog. He is watching OHS and said if I wanted a second opinion on a dog outside of OHS he would go with me. He really does a lot behind the scenes with the dogs at OHS so I figure he was a good guy to have in my corner. I am excited to start seeing what is out there. I don't want to rush into anything since I want to get this right but knowing my new companion is out there waiting for me is very uplifting. I am excited to meet my new best friend.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home