Saturday, March 19, 2011

Love the Beads!

Today t and I went to the Bead/Gem Faire in Hillsboro. I have been looking forward to this show for some time.The last bead show I attended with t started the partnership of t and Marta's re-purpose the jewelry project. That is where I bought the copper salt water pearls. I have enjoyed working with t and all the beautiful jewels she has made for me. I had no intention looking at beads for myself but in looking around at all the pretty stuff I found some Swarovski crystal beads I loved! They are a medium to dark blue that has a clear/silver cast to them and very sparkly. The bead size was a smaller size so the string cost $2. I had no idea what I was going to do with them. I don't have anything in that color or sparkle. My idea is to go towards something out of my comfort level meaning something I different that what I have. As we were strolling I had my beads in my hand. I fell in love with some small blue colored rounded turquoise and very light blue opal oblong beads to go with my pretty crystal. Those were way out of my price range right now. (really, everything is) The opal was $10 and the turquoise was $20. t saw what I liked and we talked it and put different strings together so she could understand what I liked about the combo. We found some beads of similar colors and shapes for $6 for 2 strings. I was pretty stoked at the choices and cost. The coolest part of the day was t saying she would show me how to make jewelry if I am interested. I am totally interested! She said I seem to have plenty of design ideas so I might as well just do it!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home