Monday, March 21, 2011

Looking up

Had a busy day today. I have been treating myself to surfing the free stuff section on CraigsList in between job hunting. Today I scored! I was the first to respond to an ad for a art deco-ish bar/buffet turned entertainment center. It is a little rough but better than the Ikea piece that was there. It goes better with the other furniture and style in my place. It does have the TV higher than it should be (Wil is gonna bitch) but I like it so much more! Could my luck be changing?

I have sent out a handful of applications to jobs in the last week and a half. I have got a no thank you from an IV Tech position (I expected that as I am not trained to mix) and I have an interview on Wednesday from another. I have gotten the standard "we are looking at all the candidates" . . . e-mail from the rest. I have been asked by several of my old co-workers from PPMC to apply to two Tech positions that are not even posted yet. I have very mixed feelings about going back there but I have a bigger aversion to being homeless. I wrote an awesome cover letter and attached my resume. The rest is up to the Boss. I left on good terms but she did screw me a bit. I did not want all the questions, sad goodbyes and a party. I asked to just leave on my last day. When a rumor started that I was fired she did not put them straight even when I asked her to.

All in all I had a good but busy day. I had to enlist the help of the "boys" across the hall to move the old piece out and TV off the old and on the new. After everyone left I hooked the TV, cable, VCR and X-box back up by myself. (yup, I really did it all correctly and fairly quickly too!) After that I had to clean and dust and vacuum and move and put away and WOW was I tired at the end of this 4 hour tour! I do think it is well worth it. (Photo later in the light) The only thing I have not done yet is use my furniture restore product on the outside. It will "hide" scratches and give the whole piece a luster. This is a very solid piece of furniture and was very heavy! In this case free was a very good price.

Send all the good karmic vibes my way! I can always use the extra help.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home