Monday, September 20, 2004

A good weekend was had in Marta's World

I cant tell you that anything incredible happened this weekend but I enjoyed it just the same. It rained and got chilly. (happy guys?) There was beautiful sun breaks that I loved too. Fall is my favorite season hands down. I will get to that post soon.

Okay, Friday night sucked only because my first period since my surgery started. I spent most of the day trying to decide if I was going to throw up or not. Not a norm for me. To add to my frustration the DVD player in the living room is temperamental. One of the roommates owns the DVD player that is hooked to the TV also owned by same. My DVD player wont work with my older TV that I'm using in my room while I live here. The DVD player will play most movies but sometime during the movie it decides its done. That day I was denied starting Underworld unless I wanted to see it sans sound but conveniently with sub titles. (what the f#*k ?) On Bad Boys II it went about 3/4 of the way through but then - done. It wont do scene selections at all. By 7:50 I just gave in and went to my room to lay in bed with my heating pad and some movies borrowed from the other roommate. I didn't finish the first movie only because I chose not to! I went to sleep.

Saturday didn't start until 10:30. I felt sooo much better I got going. I was packing my CSz uni for two shows in Eugene and getting ready to drive the hundred odd miles. I wont bore you with the mundane details of this. I will say I enjoyed driving in the stormy weather. It was cool how it changed so much as I went along.

As for the two shows I was in I think they were good. People had positive energy they brought into the show. They weren't the best shows this group or myself have done but it was good to see the up moods and performances. I think we as a group need to find a trust as a team and we will really rock. I mean that in a positive way.

I drove home midafternoon on Sunday getting back in time to catch the end of the first of two pro-am shows at CSz. Namely Sundays are the farm team shows in Portland. The two shows were 100 % benefiting "cure for cancer" No, it wasn't for Marta but not a bad idea. I was peeved that though I didn't have breast cancer I am a survivor and should have been in the shows. I usually end up in any shows I sign up for so I wasn't sure why Herb denied me these. Actually it wasn't Herbs fault.

Let me go back a couple weeks to sign up for those shows. When I first got the e-mail I had the boys with me and was in the midst of moving.( not building up for a big excuse here just setting up the facts.) I hastily read the e-mail on "my turn" and told Herb I wasn't available that weekend. I thought it was the weekend of Unforgiven (WWE match in Portland). After the boys left I went back to my g-mail and re read all. That's when I realized my mistake and e-mailed Herb again saying "change that no to a yes". I confused him as I do most men. He got lost in Marta's World so he didn't get I did want to be in said shows. So the long of a short story is I wasn't in the shows because I said I wasn't available. It wasn't anything personal or showing me I don't hang around in Portland enough. *Sigh* :) I feel better now.

After the shows all who wanted went out to the closest Mc Minns with a parking lot on 23rd and Thurman. We (CSz) usually go to that one most weekends.There was a big group of 20 ahead of us that had ordered food so the wait was long. I got to talk to people I haven't seen most of the summer. I miss hanging with my Portland peeps! Even though I lived a block from the arena I have been in Eugene more. It's tough since both have workshops on Wednesday nights. I want to do both more.

a few shout outs then I'm done.
-Betse, I hope you had a great birthday. You were cute during 185! Love ya doll!

-Karen, I miss you Sucky sister! heyyyyyyyyyy! Thanks for your words of encouragement and concern. We should carpool to workshops and Eugene? Huh? Come on!

-John M, yes we DO need to get Deep Dish together again and FAH ing soon! Thank you for the kind words about my writing. You are a great writer so I will take the compliment! I'm glad to hear you are going to start doing the drive too! Drag Karen along and hitch with Deeg and me.

-to all that read this I want to hear from you. Answer the question of a couple posts back and feel free to comment anytime.

Kisses to all that read about Marta's World. I write this for me and say whatever needs to be said for my piece of mind. I'm glad if you enjoy it our feel lucky in your own life after reading about mine. Just remember this, I'm still standing and smiling. I like being me and will take the good with the bad.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home